“In every job that must be done, there is an element of fun. You find the fun, and - SNAP - the job’s a game!”
by Daniel Cestari
A lot of steampunk reboots of classic characters are passable. I try to share the good ones with you guys. This Mary Poppins makes me smile.
Tomorrow’s Future Yesterday
by Garth Graham
I’ve actually used similar words to describe steampunk myself.
Steampunk World’s Fair Day 1
The fair is still going, so this is not a “here are my thoughts on the fair” post. That will be Sunday. This, however, shall be my highlight reel of day 1.
- My wrench got more attention than I did.
- I got to finally meet people I’ve been talking with forever, including the president of the Tinker Street Team (consequently its ONLY member)
- I found out that when I talked to people about Tinker they responded with “Oh yeah. I’ve heard of that.”
- Chatted with the “Grey Ghost”, O.M. Grey, and she told me she had gone onto the Tinker site and thought Hodgepodge was cute.
- Got to announce the first winner of the Wolf Hunter’s Ball.
- Saw some great bands like Emperor Norton’s Stationary Marching Band and Eli August rock out.
- learned how to fight like gentlemen (read as “beat another man with a cane in self defense”)
- Got to watch three of the kids from church go all giddy with joy and talk about what they’re going to do next year.
- Got to experience an MST3k-esque evening watching the disney “classic” Chitty Chitty Bang Bang.
Now is the time to get my gear on and head out for day 2. The wrench gets replaced with the camera today, so I should have some if not MANY pictures to post later.
For those of you that don’t know, the Adolphus Crew and I will be at The Steampunk World’s Fair. This is one of the biggest steampunk events around, so it’s required a lot of prep. As I said before, there WILL still be an episode this week, though it may be either late tonight or tomorrow before I get it posted. For those of you that will be attending — I’ll see you in a few hours!
I still get a little giddy when Wordpress e-mails me that somebody just subscribed to tinkerstory.com.
The X-Gentlemen - Neo-Victorian X-men Cosplay by thesearestrangedays on Deviantart. (Source)
HOLY FUCK, LOOK AT DAPPER GENTLEMAN HANK!
Spectacular. These people are amazing. Especially the fellow playing Beast.
Truth is beautiful and painful